The transition from boy to man is an epic time in the lives of our sons. As fathers, it’s our job to teach them what it means to be a man as they close the chapter on childhood and embark on the next stage of life as an adult.
In recent episodes, I talked about a rite of passage experience I created for my 11-year-old son, Mason. He hiked with me and the Elite Elevation Dad Edge Mastermind to the top of Mount Quandary in Breckenridge Colorado. I also shared the letter I read to him about The Pillars of Manhood when we reached the summit.
Today, Mason is here to share his perspective of what it was like to take on such a tough physical and mental challenge, how he felt among a tribe of men, and the life lessons that he will carry into manhood.
Mason Tells Us:
- What it was like to start the hike in the dark at 3 a.m.
- Logistics of pooping and peeing when there is no cover
- What it felt like to get to the top of the mountain
- What happened when he told his friends he completed a eleven-and-a-half hour, 14,265 feet hike
- The pillars of being a young man
- How Mason uses a practice of gratitude to get over anxiety and depression
- Modern dating culture in elementary school
- Thoughts on friendship
Like the show? Leave an iTunes review.
If you’re enjoying the show, we encourage you to leave an itunes review.
We read reviews on the show every week. The next one might be yours!
Thanks for the support.
And don’t forget you can support Mason with a book review on Amazon!
We have Dad Edge T-Shirts! Grab one HERE
Download a free chapter from THE DAD’S EDGE book on UNLIMITED PATIENCE HERE
Check out this free resource on: CONNECTION WITH YOUR SPOUSE
Download this free resource on: CONNECTION WITH YOUR KIDS
- Amazon Bestselling Book: The Dad’s Edge – 9 Simple Ways to Have: Unlimited Patience, Improved Relationships, and Positive Lasting Memories
- Larry’s Twitter Page
- Larry’s Facebook Page
- Larry’s Instagram Page
Hungry for more out of life?
Become a member of The Dad Edge Alliance
What did you think of the show?
What was your biggest take away?
Tag us when you share on social media!