Probably the biggest thing we try to fix in the new year is our health. We set goals to lose weight and tone up, but we tend to fail year after year. Being in optimum shape is important to being a good father, husband, and man. If you listen to this show, this could be the year you actually stick to your health resolutions once and for all.
Josiah Novak is the host of The Fit Man Project podcast and the founder of True Transformation. He is back to tell us why we keep failing at our health resolutions and the secrets to creating a plan that we can succeed at.
Get ready to transform your body in 2018 and beyond!Don’t be afraid to sit down and create a plan, and don’t be afraid to reach out for help. – @JosiahFitness #NewYears #resolutions #men #dads #fathers #2018 #fitness Click To Tweet
Heads up: The name of the show for 2018 will be changed to the Dad Edge Podcast. There will be no change in the content or the website, just the new show name and logo. Let us know how you like it!
Josiah Novak has been a guest on The Good Project several times. Josiah came from four generations of divorce and abuse. As an adult, he went through a tough time with weight gain and depression. At one point, he was even suicidal. Josiah used fitness to get through living in a dark place.
Josiah didn’t have a father to look up to and it’s his mission is to change the legacy that he comes from and help other people do the same by establishing a foundation of health.If we’re taking care of our health, we have a much better chance of coming out on top when it comes to the legacy we leave behind. – @JosiahFitness #men #dads #fathers #fitness Click To Tweet
What You’ll Learn
- That only 8% of people follow through with new year’s resolutions
- That by June, 92% of people have given up on their new year goals
- Why it’s so hard to stick to resolutions
- The 2 reasons why waiting for the new year to start working on health goals sets you up for failure
- Why searching for a fitness solution is a mistake and what you should be focusing on instead
- Why even though the latest trend in diet and fitness works for others, it might not work for you
- With all the diet and fitness fads out there, how to find out what works for you
- Why and how all diets work
- The question every one should ask themselves before adopting a routine
- Why it’s more challenging for dads to keep up with a new diet and fitness routine
- How to succeed at your health goals even when life happens.
- What it means to have an extremely flexible lifestyle
- Debunking the “not eating carbs at night” myth
- Why you’re getting fat (and it’s not because of carbs)
- How eating carbs at night helps you go to sleep
- How long it takes for your body to digest and make the food available as energy
- How to fuel your next day’s workout
- Why you don’t need to eat small frequent meals
We appreciate all the support!
If you’re enjoying the show, we encourage you to leave an itunes review.
Looking for the Perfect Kids’ Snack on the go?
Get your RXBAR Kids sample box with 16 whole food protein bars
(for 25% off the price you pay at Target.)
Go to rxbar.com/gooddad
ENTER COUPON CODE: GOOD DAD
Josiah Novak’s links
We have new Dad Edge T-Shirts! Grab one HERE
Download a free chapter from: THE DAD’S EDGE on UNLIMITED PATIENCE HERE
Check out this free resource on: CONNECTION WITH YOUR SPOUSE
Download this free resource on: CONNECTION WITH YOUR KIDS
- Amazon Bestselling Book: The Dad’s Edge – 9 Simple Ways to Have: Unlimited Patience, Improved Relationships, and Positive Lasting Memories
- Larry’s New Course: The Dad’s Edge – 6 Strategies to Achieve: Unlimited Patience, Improved Relationships, and Positive Lasting Memories
- Larry’s Twitter Page
- Larry’s Facebook Page
- Larry’s Instagram Page
Are you ready to create an epic life