How do we teach our kids to be resilient? How can we be encouraging and supportive while still building mental toughness? Wouldn’t it be great to have a kid’s perspective on how to do the right thing as a dad?
Today we have the most amazing guest ever on The Dad Edge, my ten-year-old son, Mason Hagner. He is releasing his book called Never Give Up No Matter What, an illustrated story about a situation where he wanted to give up, how he pushed past his desire to quit, and what he achieved by persevering even though it seemed that all hope was lost.
Mason’s book is a wise lesson for both parents and kids. Listen to why he wrote his inspiring book and what advice he has for parents when their kids feel like giving up.'I just wanted to show people that you should never quit no matter what.'—Mason Hagner #kids #children #parents #parenting #resilience Click To Tweet
Mason wrote this story about his season in tackle football. He worked hard through sweltering practices loaded with heavy equipment. He tried his best, but for some reason he wasn’t getting any play time. Mason got to the point of feeling hopeless and he wanted to give up. But even though he was discouraged, he decided to follow through with what he started. He gave it his all to the very end, and then something amazing happened.
What You’ll Learn
- The challenges Mason faced at practice
- How he felt when he stopped getting playing time
- What it was like to sit on the sidelines and watch his friends play after he worked so hard to get in the game
- Why he didn’t give up even though he really wanted to
- What happened after he committed himself to keep going
- The best thing parents can do with their kids want to quit
- How learning not to give up will teach you to persevere as you get older
- How Mason got the idea to write a book
- His experience working with an illustrator
- Why, according to Mason, teaching resilience to your kids is not hard
And don’t forget you can support Mason with a book review on Amazon!
Like the show? Leave an iTunes review.
If you’re enjoying the show, we encourage you to leave an itunes review.
We read reviews on the show every week. The next one might be yours!
Thanks for the support.
We have new Dad Edge T-Shirts! Grab one HERE
Download a free chapter from: THE DAD’S EDGE on UNLIMITED PATIENCE HERE
Check out this free resource on: CONNECTION WITH YOUR SPOUSE
Download this free resource on: CONNECTION WITH YOUR KIDS
- Amazon Bestselling Book: The Dad’s Edge – 9 Simple Ways to Have: Unlimited Patience, Improved Relationships, and Positive Lasting Memories
- Larry’s New Course: The Dad’s Edge – 6 Strategies to Achieve: Unlimited Patience, Improved Relationships, and Positive Lasting Memories
- Larry’s Twitter Page
- Larry’s Facebook Page
- Larry’s Instagram Page
Hungry for more out of life?
Become a member of The Dad Edge Alliance
What did you think of the show?
What was your biggest take away?
Tag us when you share on social media!