Today we have an unbelievable episode with Lewis Howes. For those of you who don’t know him, Lewis Howes is the host of the hugely popular The School of Greatness podcast and the author of the New York Times bestselling book, The School of Greatness.
Lewis Howes is one of the most sought after speakers today and has appeared all over the media, including just recently on Ellen. His new book is called The Mask of Masculinity, and Lewis Howes completely sheds his mask for us in this show.
You will hear things that will shock you as well as things that will inspire you. This is one episode you will never forget.
Lewis Howes had big dreams to be an athlete. His goal in life was to get paid for having fun and he was on the road to his dreams, making it into arena football and setting his sights on the NFL, until a wrist injury ended his career.
His whole identity revolved around sports, and at 23 years old with a massive ego, he had no idea what to do with himself. His family was troubled and his father, who had been his biggest supporter during his sports career, got into a tragic accident that left him mentally and emotionally stunted. Lewis had to learn how to be a man on his own, and took the past decade to reinvent himself into the person you see today.Share the thing that you’re most afraid of in a way that makes sense for you. @LewisHowes Click To Tweet
- How both the good and bad sides of his father shaped him.
- What his parents miserable relationship taught him about marriage.
- How his brother went to prison for over four years when Lewis was just 8-years-old.
- How both of his sisters attempted suicide.
- How he was raped when he was a little boy.
- The moment he spoke about his sexual abuse and how it freed him.
- Why he was terrified to write his book, The Mask of Masculinity.
- Why woman would also want to read The Mask of Masculinity.
- How holding onto shame and secrets becomes a man’s prison.
- Why he has no desire to have kids … yet.
give KIND a try
10 snack variety pack plus a monthly snack subscription
Visit kindsnacks.com/gooddadThe thing you fear the most, wear it. @LewisHowes Click To Tweet
Connect with Lewis Howes
We have new Dad Edge T-Shirts! Grab one HERE
Download a free chapter from: THE DAD’S EDGE on UNLIMITED PATIENCE HERE
Check out this free resource on: CONNECTION WITH YOUR SPOUSE
Download this free resource on: CONNECTION WITH YOUR KIDS
- Amazon Bestselling Book: The Dad’s Edge – 9 Simple Ways to Have: Unlimited Patience, Improved Relationships, and Positive Lasting Memories
- Larry’s New Course: The Dad’s Edge – 6 Strategies to Achieve: Unlimited Patience, Improved Relationships, and Positive Lasting Memories
- Larry’s Twitter Page
- Larry’s Facebook Page
- Larry’s Instagram Page