Today we have retired Navy Seal Jason Redman on The Dad Edge podcast. He is a hero, a speaker, and the author of The Trident: The Forging and Reforging of a Navy SEAL Leader. Jason has gone through extreme adversity and his story demonstrates astounding mental toughness and resilience.
During a military operation on Sept 13, 2007, he took two hits to his arm and a shot to his face. His ironfisted determination helped him cheat death, come home alive, and heal from his injuries. You’ll hear the incredible story of the famous sign he posted outside his hospital room and also get his advice on how to be a man and a father. Brace yourself for tremendous inspiration!'Within the realm of reason, I truly believe you can accomplish anything you set your mind to.' – former Navy SEAL Jason Redman #success #overcome #adversity #men #dads #fathers Click To Tweet
Jason comes from a long line of family who served in the military. He knew he wanted to be a Seal since he was a kid. He was always fascinated with heroes. In the late 80s early 90s there was very little info about the teams and the mystique around the SEALs stoked his furnace and sparked his curiosity. No one would ever expect him to actually make his dream come true. He blossomed late when it came to athletics. In 9th grade he was still 5ft tall and 100 pounds. People laughed when he told them he wanted to be a SEAL.'If someone told me I couldn’t do something. It made me want to do it that much more. That’s a blessing and a curse sometimes.' - former Navy SEAL @JasonRedmanWW #dads #men #fathers #greatness Click To Tweet
In his early years, this attitude helped him push through situations, including the brutal BUD/S training. He made it to the SEALs and began his whirlwind of a military career.
What You’ll Learn
- How he damaged his reputation by letting his ego get him involved in a firefight in which he didn’t belong
- The firsthand account of how while on an operation to capture an Al Qaeda High Value Individual, his assault team came under the ambush that led to his injuries
- What he felt like and thought about when he knew he was dying
- How he prayed to God and was given the strength to board the rescue chopper under his own power
- His advice to the average man who takes everyday gifts for granted
- How he struggled and coped with his facial disfigurement
- What his famous sign at the hospital said and how it came to be
- How leaders are always on duty
- How dads are always leaders
- His 6 tenets of success
- Live greatly
- Love deeply
- Stay humble
- Lead always
- Live life with no regrets
- About his second book coming out
- About online show
- About his acting debut in an indie film
MORE NAVY SEAL EPISODES:
We appreciate all the support!
If you’re enjoying the show, we encourage you to leave an itunes review.
'I want my kids to like me, but at the end of the day my job is to get them ready to go out and be a successful adult in the world that's out there.' former Navy SEAL @JasonRedmanWW #dads #men #fathers #parenting Click To Tweet
Jason Redman’s Links
Are you an extraordinary father looking to accelerate in all aspects of your life?
Are you looking to connect to like-minded Dads that want to come together to strengthen and grow in their abilities both personally and professionally?
The Dad Edge 2018 Summit (Live Event) will set you up to do exactly that.
We have new Dad Edge T-Shirts! Grab one HERE
Download a free chapter from: THE DAD’S EDGE on UNLIMITED PATIENCE HERE
Check out this free resource on: CONNECTION WITH YOUR SPOUSE
Download this free resource on: CONNECTION WITH YOUR KIDS
- Amazon Bestselling Book: The Dad’s Edge – 9 Simple Ways to Have: Unlimited Patience, Improved Relationships, and Positive Lasting Memories
- Larry’s New Course: The Dad’s Edge – 6 Strategies to Achieve: Unlimited Patience, Improved Relationships, and Positive Lasting Memories
- Larry’s Twitter Page
- Larry’s Facebook Page
- Larry’s Instagram Page