Dr. Robert Glover, author of No More Mr. Nice Guy, dropped some knowledge bombs on us in our last episode. He also did a live Q & A with our Dad Edge Alliance membership group. Today you will hear a clip of highlights from the call itself as Dr. Robert Glover expands on why nice guys don’t get their needs met.
Note: Our free Dad Edge Facebook group grows by 200 guys a week, but if you want to step up game even more, check out our Dad Edge Alliance membership group where we have weekly talks, community calls, and a elite guest speakers like Dr. Robert Glover every month.
Mr. Nice Guy’s 3 Covert Contracts
- If I’m a good guy, I will be liked and loved (and women will desire me).
- If I meet other people’s needs without them having to ask, they will meet my needs without me having to ask.
- If I do everything right, I’ll have a smooth problem free life.
The number one way to stop the effects of Nice Guy Syndrome is to assume the responsibility of taking better care of ourselves and making sure our own needs are met.
Each of us is like a big cup that only holds so much. Nice guys take care of everyone else and hope that others will fill them back up. We can’t figure out why we do everything right and yet fail in our work, love, and sex life. We become more desperate to please and seek validation from others. Women turn a cold shoulder to us, not because they are rejecting sex. They are rejecting the neediness.
When we take care of ourselves, we become more generous and more judicious givers. Healthy giving is not giving to get, it’s a measured response.
Looking for the Perfect Kids’ Snack on the go?
Get your RXBAR Kids sample box with 16 whole food protein bars
(for 25% off the price you pay at Target.)
Go to rxbar.com/gooddad
ENTER COUPON CODE: GOOD DAD
We have new Dad Edge T-Shirts! Grab one HERE
Download a free chapter from: THE DAD’S EDGE on UNLIMITED PATIENCE HERE
Check out this free resource on: CONNECTION WITH YOUR SPOUSE
Download this free resource on: CONNECTION WITH YOUR KIDS
- Amazon Bestselling Book: The Dad’s Edge – 9 Simple Ways to Have: Unlimited Patience, Improved Relationships, and Positive Lasting Memories
- Larry’s New Course: The Dad’s Edge – 6 Strategies to Achieve: Unlimited Patience, Improved Relationships, and Positive Lasting Memories
- Larry’s Twitter Page
- Larry’s Facebook Page
- Larry’s Instagram Page