Traver Boehm has a story unlike anything you’ve ever heard. He put himself through an experience most of us would find absolutely terrifying. This interview will inspire you to dig deep inside yourself and look at life in a completely new way.
Traver Boehm is an author, speaker, and founder of the Man Uncivilized Movement, which aims to inspire millions of men to balance their primal and divine masculine traits. He is not a dad or a husband at the moment. He was previously married with a child on the way, but everything came to a crushing end.
This sent Traver on a wild and painful physical, mental, and spiritual journey to discover who he truly was inside and what it means to be the masculine, the man, and the mountain.'What would I need to do so that on taking that very last breath I would be in peace and I would be whole?'—Traver Boehm #life #death #bucketlist #adversity #selfdiscovery #noregrets Click To Tweet
Traver Boehm’s Story
When Traver talks about his life, you feel like you’re listening to the stories of ten men. In his 5th grade year, his family moved from their small town in Connecticut to Tokyo. He spent the late 80s as a blond-haired kid immersed in Japanese culture. He returned to the US to finish high school, but ended up moving to California where he became a bodyguard for celebrities and millionaires.
Traver left the job though. As exciting as it sounds, guarding a door for twelve hours was a bore, no matter how famous the person he worked for was. He went to the opposite end of the spectrum and enrolled in acupuncture school.
In the midst of his studies, he flew to Thailand to learn Muy Thai and then explored MMA fighting when he returned to Los Angeles. During his training, he discovered crossfit and opened his own gym.
He even started up a chocolate company that combine traditional Chinese herbs with chocolate. Whatever came to his mind, he went out and did it.
His life was full and active. He got married and had a baby on the way. Then it all came to an abrupt end.
And this is just the beginning of his story.'What is underneath all of me? What happens when you take away my future kid, my wife, my business, my dog, when you take everything from me?'—Traver Boehm #loss #depression #identity #crisis #men #manhood #masculinity Click To Tweet
What You’ll Learn About
- Traver’s herbal chocolate for female libido called “Hungry Kitty”
- The Year to Live Project, when he decided to live 2016 as if it was his last year on Earth
- How he decided to spend his hypothetical last moments on Earth
- How he thought this would heal his past
- Why he called up all his exes to find out where he was deficient as a man
- His experience volunteering for hospice and what wisdom dying people shared with him
- What it means to ‘hold space’ in your daily interactions
- His dark retreat where he spent 28 days in a completely lightless dome not much bigger than arm’s width wide
- What prolonged absolute darkness did to his mind
- How the dark retreat changed his life
- The difference between divine and primal masculinity and why men need both
- His advice for raising strong daughters and sons
We appreciate all the support!
If you’re enjoying the show, we encourage you to
click here and leave an itunes review.
We read a review on the show each week. The next one could be yours!
Looking for the Perfect Kids’ Snack on the go?
Get your RXBAR Kids sample box with 16 whole food protein bars
(for 25% off the price you pay at Target.)
Go to rxbar.com/gooddad
ENTER COUPON CODE: GOOD DAD
Traver Boehm’s Links
We have Dad Edge T-Shirts! Grab one HERE
Download a free chapter from: THE DAD’S EDGE on UNLIMITED PATIENCE HERE
Check out this free resource on: CONNECTION WITH YOUR SPOUSE
Download this free resource on: CONNECTION WITH YOUR KIDS
- Amazon Bestselling Book: The Dad’s Edge – 9 Simple Ways to Have: Unlimited Patience, Improved Relationships, and Positive Lasting Memories
- Larry’s Course: The Dad’s Edge – 6 Strategies to Achieve: Unlimited Patience, Improved Relationships, and Positive Lasting Memories
- Larry’s Twitter Page
- Larry’s Facebook Page
- Larry’s Instagram Page
Create an Epic Life
join us in The Dad Edge Alliance
What did you think of the show?
What was your biggest take away?
Tag us when you share on social media!