We sabotage ourselves all the time. We have to get out of our own way and ask for help. #men #dads #fathers #manhood #brotherhood #tribe Click To Tweet
Why is it that men tend to shut down and hide instead of asking for help? As the founder of The Dad Edge Alliance, I have talked to thousands of men, and I can tell you we all struggle with the same issues. We suffer physical, mental, and emotional problems. We deal with affairs, addiction, fear, anger, identity crises, and major life changes. We are not alone in life’s challenges. So why do we insist on pretending we’ve got it all under control? Today I’m going to share 7 reasons why men don’t ask for help, and I will tell you right now they are all lies.
7 Reasons Why Men Don’t Ask for Help
(Listen to the full, short episode as I expand on these points)
- We think we can do it all by ourselves.
- We think we are the only ones who have our problems.
- We’re ashamed of where we are in life compared to others.
- We don’t want to destroy how we think other people view us.
- We don’t want to be judged for being ourselves.
- We fear rejection.
- We don’t want to face the truth about ourselves.
Like the show? Leave an iTunes review.
If you’re enjoying the show, we encourage you to leave an itunes review.
We read reviews on the show every week. The next one might be yours!
Thanks for the support.
We have new Dad Edge T-Shirts! Grab one HERE
Download a free chapter from: THE DAD’S EDGE on UNLIMITED PATIENCE HERE
Check out this free resource on: CONNECTION WITH YOUR SPOUSE
Download this free resource on: CONNECTION WITH YOUR KIDS
- Amazon Bestselling Book: The Dad’s Edge – 9 Simple Ways to Have: Unlimited Patience, Improved Relationships, and Positive Lasting Memories
- Larry’s New Course: The Dad’s Edge – 6 Strategies to Achieve: Unlimited Patience, Improved Relationships, and Positive Lasting Memories
- Larry’s Twitter Page
- Larry’s Facebook Page
- Larry’s Instagram Page
Hungry for more out of life?
Become a member of The Dad Edge Alliance
What did you think of the show?
What was your biggest take away?
Tag us when you share on social media!