So many men are unhappy, exhausted, and overwhelmed, even when they have a life that would be considered perfect. Why is that?
Today we have mega guest Cody Jefferson on The Dad Edge. Cody is the founder and CEO of Embrace The Lion, and the creator of LION Method, the #1 Group Coaching Program for High-Achieving Men looking to adopt the right support, belief, habits and community to create success in their lives and businesses.
Cody tells us what happens when we are addicted to accomplishment and validation. He teaches us how to get honest with ourselves and step into the reality that is right for us. Most importantly, he tells us how stop sacrificing ourselves on the altar of success and find true fulfillment with our families.
Get ready to embrace the lion within!
“You can only be lead so far as your own awareness.”—Cody Jefferson
Recognized as one of the country’s leading personal and professional coaches for men by Entrepreneur, USA Today and The Today Show, Cody has been walking alongside thousands of entrepreneurs, leaders and professionals on the subjects of personal ownership and development, communication, leadership, and marketing/branding for nearly 2 decades.
He is a nationally-recognized keynote speaker for conferences, colleges, corporations and churches across the country.
He resides in Tulsa, Oklahoma with his wife, 3 kids, 5 french bulldogs and 2 Harleys.
What You’ll Learn
• Cody used to be a “yes man,” and this created a dark dissonance within him
• Men of faith are not immune to the pressure. Cody lost 6 friends in ministry to suicide.
• Many men experience an extreme feeling of lacking something and not being good enough.
• We pile on stuff to compensate for our perceived shortcomings.
• Cody talks about his reliance on alcohol and why he stopped drinking.
• Alcohol is not a problem, but a symptom of the issues you’re not dealing with.
• Cody’s dark times of divorce and the sequential traumatic deaths of family and friends
• Cody’s addiction to outside validation destroyed his health.
• There was a gap in who he felt he was and who he said he was.
• Being all things to all people, you focus on others’ problems instead of your own.
• Prayer is not mental health treatment.
• How to find fulfillment outside of accomplishment.
• 3 Steps to Confronting Your Life
• Realize that you’re not alone. Many men experience this.
• get honest with yourself. Sit down and write your experience.
• Find someone you can be accountable to, who will give you truth to help you step into the reality that is really for you.
• This journey is simple but not easy.
• Cody continues to keep therapists and coaches in his life.
• We must seek out the frameworks to dealing with our problems instead of avoiding them.
• Be held accountable to who you say you want to be. Is the group of friends you have now going to get you to where you want to be?
• Be intentional about the information you consume.
BECOME A PATIENT FATHER IN 37 MINUTES
Learn how to understand, predict, and neutralize your temper in this quick, actionable eCourse.
Includes print offs, templates, plus a 30-day membership in THE DAD EDGE MASTERMIND.
Get support, motivation, and advice from other men who’ve been there. With the accountability of the community, you will not fail!
Cody Jefferson’s Links
Join our Dad Edge Group on Facebook
We have Dad Edge T-Shirts! Grab one HERE
FREE chapter from THE DAD’S EDGE on UNLIMITED PATIENCE
FREE EBOOK: CONNECTION WITH YOUR SPOUSE
FREE EBOOK: CONNECTION WITH YOUR KIDS
Follow The Dad Edge
Join over 457 men becoming their best selves
in The Dad Edge Alliance.
What did you think of the show?
What was your biggest take away?
Tag us when you share on social media!