What does it really take to be a great father? How can we inspire our kids to reach for more, even if our fathers didn’t show us a good example?
Bryan Loritts is a pastor and the award-winning author of seven books, including The Dad Difference: The 4 Most Important Gifts You Can Give to Your Kids.
Today Bryan teaches us the four RITEs of fatherhood and how to implement each. He tells us how we can be proactive about our operating systems as fathers, becoming constant guides and teachers so that our kids have the best chance of living a meaningful and fulfilling life.
Bryan Loritts is a pastor, and award winning author. He’s also the founder and president of the Kainos Movement- an organization committed to seeing the multiethnic church becoming the new normal in our country. He’s the husband of Korie and the proud father of Quentin, Myles and Jaden. Bryan has been a featured speaker at the Willow Creek Global Leadership Summit, Catalyst and a host of other events.
What You’ll Learn
- What kids learn is “is caught, not taught.”
- The power of presence and modeling
- The 4 gifts, or RITEs
- Leadership is born from relationship, not authority.
- 90% of being a great dad is just showing up.
- There is a profound connection between home and society.
- Dads are the “tenured professors” of the home.
- We are always in teaching-mode non-verbally.
- Integrity is not moral perfection but admitting when you’re wrong and making amends.
- Teaching involves connecting real life to spiritual principles.
- Give your children experiences instead of gifts.
- Why Bryan took his kids to Guatemala to work with the poor.
- Letting kids experience the negative outcomes of their bad decisions
- The danger of valuing success or goodness
- Being proud of your kids, independent of their performance
- Every dad has an operating system. Which one works the best?
Protect your kids with the Bark App
Leave an iTunes review.
Get a FREE book!
If you’re enjoying the show, leave us an itunes review. If your review is chosen as the iTunes Review-of-the Week, we’ll send you the free book of your choice!
Thanks for the support!
Bryan Loritts’s Links
Join our Dad Edge Group on Facebook
We have Dad Edge T-Shirts! Grab one HERE
FREE chapter from THE DAD’S EDGE on UNLIMITED PATIENCE
FREE EBOOK: CONNECTION WITH YOUR SPOUSE
FREE EBOOK: CONNECTION WITH YOUR KIDS
Follow The Dad Edge
Don’t settle for a mediocre life.
Join over 420 men becoming their best selves
in The Dad Edge Alliance.
What did you think of the show?
What was your biggest take away?
Tag us when you share on social media!