We don’t realize how important our health is until we lose it. No man wants poor health to get in the way of becoming the best version of himself, but how do we make health a priority when life gets in the way?
Today Dr. Ryan Wohlfert is back on The Dad Edge to give you the busy dad’s guide to total health. This list of simple hacks for fitness, nutrition, and sleep will fit into any lifestyle. Best of all, these habits can be incorporated into your existing schedule without having to give up other aspects of your life.
Don’t wait to improve your health. Start today!
Busy Dad’s Guide to Total Health
- Save the drive time to the gym by working out at home.
- Take advantage of opportunities to take walks and runs with the dog or your family.
- Do isometric exercises in the car or at your desk.
- Be active and get involved while coaching kids.
- Do 10-minute mini workouts of squats, push ups or burpees throughout the day. These will have a cumulative effect.
- Ensure you’re getting greens, fruits, healthy fats, and proteins by setting up daily smoothies.
- Plan your meals out for the week to avoid the last-minute need for fast food and take out dinners.
- Make easy nutritious dinners ahead of time in the crock pot, like soups and stews.
- Use apps to make sure you and your spouse are on the same page with meal planning and shopping.
- If you can’t increase your quantity of sleep, increase the quality.
- Set a time to turn off all devices and TVs.
- Take the TV out of your bedroom.
- We need thirty to thirty-five 90-minute sleep cycles per week, so it is possible to catch up on sleep cycles by napping and catching up on your days off.
Like the show? Leave an iTunes review.
If you’re enjoying the show, we encourage you to leave an itunes review.
We read reviews on the show every week. The next one might be yours!
Thanks for the support.
Dr. Ryan Wohlfert’s Links
We have Dad Edge T-Shirts! Grab one HERE
Download a free chapter from THE DAD’S EDGE book on UNLIMITED PATIENCE HERE
Check out this free resource on: CONNECTION WITH YOUR SPOUSE
Download this free resource on: CONNECTION WITH YOUR KIDS
- Amazon Bestselling Book: The Dad’s Edge – 9 Simple Ways to Have: Unlimited Patience, Improved Relationships, and Positive Lasting Memories
- Larry’s Twitter Page
- Larry’s Facebook Page
- Larry’s Instagram Page
Hungry for more out of life?
Become a member of The Dad Edge Alliance
What did you think of the show?
What was your biggest take away?
Tag us when you share on social media!