Today’s show is all about how to live in the present. We always hear people talking about it, but how exactly is it done?
Most of us hold onto shame, guilt, and feelings of unworthiness from yesterday. At the same time, we feel constant anxiety when we think about what tomorrow might bring. This ruins any chance of making today a great day and keeps us in a state of fear that negatively effects our relationships at home and at work.
Bryan Falchuk is a life coach, TEDx speaker, and the bestselling author of Do a Day: How to Live a Better Life Every Day. He’s going to give us a formula to help us live in the present moment by confronting our past and removing anxiety about the future. Today is a new day. Go out and do it!
If you have one foot in the past and one foot in the future, you’re pissing on the present.
Bryan is a best-selling author, speaker and life coach. He has faced major adversities and learned how to overcome and achieve. From obesity to running marathons, from career struggles to success as a CXO, from watching illness threaten his family to finding lasting health, he has been through many lessons he used to develop his unique approach to inspiring others succeed.
Bryan’s work has been featured in several top publications like Inc. Magazine, The LA Times, Chicago Tribune and more. He has spoken at multiple TEDx events, and has been a featured guest on over 100 podcasts and radio shows.
While Bryan lives in the US, he has worked and lived in numerous countries and cultures across the world, giving him a truly global perspective.
If you don’t deal with that weight that’s on you, it will deal with you.—Bryan Falchuk
What You’ll Learn
- What happened to Bryan, the youngest of four kids, when his parents divorced
- How he used food as a comfort mechanism when he was a child, leading to obesity
- His love of mayonnaise sandwiches
- How Bryan had the biggest boobs in school
- His constant fear of putting weight back on
- How he’s moved past the fat kid that lived inside of him
- Now, Bryan exercises because he enjoys it, not because he’s afraid of being fat
- How most of us carry someone else’s load on top of our own. We bury what we’re dealing with because we’re handling stuff for others.
- The crucial importance of confronting your past
- How Bryan failed his wife during the illness that nearly caused her death because he was too reactive
- The defining moment when Bryan realized he was responsible to raise his son … and he was failing
- How Bryan justified his anxiety by telling himself that his over-worrying was responsible for getting him this far
- In reality, Bryan had no self-worth for many years
- How living in yesterday ruined Bryan’s job
- If you expect confrontation, you will get it.
- Your fear makes you throw away the capability you have today.
- The more you evolve and explore, the more opportunities you will have.
- What’s most important for Bryan to do every day for his wife and kid
- How to share your issues without taking the joy from others
- How to take others’ issues without reacting
- How Buddhism influenced him
- The 4 Components of How to Live in the Present:
- Self-love – the solid ground. Without self-love you will self-sabotage because you believe you’re not worth it
- True motivation – will keep you moving no matter what. Deep within you, they are the things that choke you up. What will you always care about?
- Look at your life – Where do you want it to be? What is serving you, what is not? Deal with your issues, past and future.
- Make a plan for today – How are you going to react? What will you do to change the thoughts and habits that are not serving you?
- The ongoing process of Do a Day
for a discount signed version of his book
and other special offers!
Like the show? Leave an iTunes review.
If you’re enjoying the show, we encourage you to leave an itunes review.
We read reviews on the show every week.
The next one might be yours!
Thanks for the support.
Get on top of your finances!
Start your FREE 2 Month Trial at YNAB.com/dads
Bryan Falchuk’s Links
Fill out an application for The Dad Edge Alliance
==>NEW!!<== Grab a copy of The Dad’s Edge AUDIOBOOK on iTunes or Audible
GRAB A COPY OF THE DAD’S EDGE HERE
Join our Dad Edge Group on Facebook Request Entry Here
We have new Dad Edge T-Shirts! Grab one HERE
Download a free chapter from: THE DAD’S EDGE on UNLIMITED PATIENCE HERE
Check out this free resource on: CONNECTION WITH YOUR SPOUSE
Download this free resource on: CONNECTION WITH YOUR KIDS
Hungry for more out of life?
Become one of the 350 men of The Dad Edge Alliance
What did you think of the show?
What was your biggest take away?
Tag us when you share on social media!