Pornography has never been so unbelievably accessible, but what starts out innocently enough can eventually take over our lives. We know this is a huge issue for men today because our episodes on battling porn and sexual addiction top the charts.
Today we talk to an expert who has an approach to porn and sexual addiction that you haven’t heard before.
Eddie Capparucci is licensed counselor and the author of Going Deeper: How the Inner Child Impacts Your Sexual Addiction. He tells us how men’s struggle with porn is linked to how we dealt with pain in our childhood. He reveals why too much porn can ruin our sex lives psychologically as well as physiologically. Eddie also gives us a step-by-step example of how casual porn consumption can descend into the destruction of a family.
Kids are being exposed to sexual content as young as 8 years old. Whether you are struggling with an addiction to pornography or not, this is a show every father needs to listen to.
Eddie Capparucci, LPC, CSAS, CPCS, specializes in treating sexual and pornography addictions. Among his many clients, Eddie has worked with professional athletes including NFL and MLB players and television personalities. He also serves as the clinical director for the National Decency Coalition, an organization working with state governments to help limit the access of pornography to minors.
In addition to being a prominent sexual and pornography addiction therapist, he has spoken to numerous organizations regarding the harmful impact pornography has on individuals, relationships, and society.
Going Deeper: How the Inner Child Impacts Your Sexual Addiction
If you have been battling a sex/porn addiction you understand how frustrating it can be to fail time and time again. This book provides a new and proven treatment method that will empower you to take control and finally manage your addiction. The key is understanding the road to recovery from a sex/porn addiction goes through your childhood. Why? Because it’s your inner child who is running the show. The Inner Child Recovery Process has proven successful with a large majority of clients in my counseling practice. It has changed the lives of many individuals who felt helpless and hopeless due to their addiction. And it can do the same for you. Endorsed by many leaders in the sex/porn addiction field, the Inner Child Recovery Process is a game changer and can be the solution you have been seeking when it comes to breaking free from your sex and porn addictions.
What You’ll Learn
- Porn addiction really has nothing to do with sex or a lack of sex.
- Eddie talks about his traumatic childhood and how he turned to sex and pornography.
- He destroyed two marriages and left a trail of broken hearts.
- What is attachment disorder and how does it affect our sexual relationships?
- Most men he deals with lack emotional intelligence, which means they cannot tell what feelings they’re experiencing.
- As men, when we learn to attach and bond with true intimacy, we don’t need the sexual stimulation and validation from pornography.
- Being vulnerable is a skillset that boys aren’t taught.
- We need to let our kids to feel emotional pain.
- The road to recovery from pornography or any kind of sexual addiction goes back to childhood.
- Negative events connect us to pain from the past.
- We need to learn to identify core triggers.
- The nine child-types, their different pain points, and accompanying triggers.
- The dangerous mindset that you’re not hurting anybody when you consume pornography.
- Porn from a young age is teaching boys that it’s okay to objectify little girls.
- Girls get the message it’s okay to be objectified.
- With regular porn use, a man will lose interest in his wife. He will find her less attractive and less sexually satisfying. He’ll look for more than she’s willing to give.
- In almost 50% of men, pornography escalates into darker territory. The brain builds a tolerance and needs more extreme stimulation.
- Men start to withdraw and distance themselves from family.
- Physically, chronic masturbation has an effect on erection and ability to ejaculate.
- How to recover from porn and sexual addiction:
- Get some accountability.
- Surround yourself in community
- Own it. Fess up, at least to yourself
- Sit down with someone to find out why you do it in the first place.
- Advice to men when they are triggered to use porn
- The disorder will not go away. Take action and learn to manage it.
Protect your kids with the Bark App
Leave an iTunes review.
Get a FREE book!
If you’re enjoying the show, leave us an itunes review. If your review is chosen as the iTunes Review-of-the Week, we’ll send you the free book of your choice!
Thanks for the support!
Eddie Capparucci’s Links
Join our Dad Edge Group on Facebook
We have Dad Edge T-Shirts! Grab one HERE
FREE chapter from THE DAD’S EDGE on UNLIMITED PATIENCE
FREE EBOOK: CONNECTION WITH YOUR SPOUSE
FREE EBOOK: CONNECTION WITH YOUR KIDS
Follow The Dad Edge
Don’t settle for a mediocre life.
Join over 420 men becoming their best selves
in The Dad Edge Alliance.
What did you think of the show?
What was your biggest take away?
Tag us when you share on social media!