Why do many of us fathers neglect our health? There are two main reasons. The number one reason is guilt. We feel bad for taking time away from work and family to spend on ourselves. The second reason is money. We would have to spend more to eat healthier, join a gym, or hire a personal trainer.
But not making our health a priority is the biggest disservice to ourselves and our families.
In this episode, we have a panel discussion with Dr. Adrian Chavez of Your Nutrition Prescription and Chris Hughes from The Driven Dad. They have put together a fully-customized 8-week fitness and nutrition bootcamp for dads. We also talk to members Rashad and Mickey about what made this bootcamp unique and how it has transformed their health and their lives!OUR HEALTH: What is the cost if we don’t take action? #men #dads #fathers #manhood #fatherhood #selfcare #menshealth Click To Tweet
Chris Hughes and The Driven Dad
Chris Hughes helps dads own their health and fitness. He created The Driven Dad to motivate, educate and inspire dads to take control of their mental and physical wellness for themselves, their family, and society.
Dr. Adrian Chavez and Your Nutrition Prescription
Dr. Adrian Chavez has a PhD in Nutrition and is a nutrition and natural health consultant who hosts the Your Nutrition Prescription podcast, which delivers a daily dose of information that will help you to learn more about your body and optimize your health.'Seeing dads do something that’s going to positively impact multiple generations, that lights me up.'—Dr. Adrian Chavez #dads #men #fathers #health #kids #children #parenting Click To Tweet
The Driven Dad’s Bootcamp
The Driven Dads 8 Week Bootcamp is designed to establish new habits to help you take your health and fitness to the next level.
Dr. Chavez and Chris Hughes will set you up with a plan that is customized for you and coach you towards success.
What You’ll Learn
- Why optimal health is your duty as a father
- How to get over the guilt of investing in your nutrition and fitness
- The role of accountability in the success of your health goals
- Why you won’t get the best results with your typical personal trainer
- How being intentional in the gym creates amazing results
- How to get past all the excuses that keep you in bad health
- The dangers of neglecting your health to you and your family
- The vast diversity in individual needs for diet and exercise
- Why some men need to eat more to reach their health goals
- The power of a smoothie
- How to create a healthy lifestyle that you can sustain beyond bootcamp
- The importance of ‘cheat days’ for dads and how to factor them into your nutrition plan
- How breaking the chain of bad habits and leading with a healthy lifestyle will affect your kids, your grandkids, and future generations
Sign up for The Driven Dad
Fitness and Nutrition Bootcamp
Looking for the Perfect Kids’ Snack on the go?
Get your RXBAR Kids sample box with 16 whole food protein bars
(for 25% off the price you pay at Target.)
Go to rxbar.com/gooddad
ENTER COUPON CODE: GOOD DAD
We appreciate all the support!
If you’re enjoying the show, we encourage you to leave an itunes review.
We read a review on the show each week. The next one could be yours!
Dr. Adrian Chavez’s Links
Chris Hughes’s Links
Sign up for The Driven Dad Fitness and Nutrition Bootcamp
We have Dad Edge T-Shirts! Grab one HERE
Download a free chapter from: THE DAD’S EDGE on UNLIMITED PATIENCE HERE
Check out this free resource on: CONNECTION WITH YOUR SPOUSE
Download this free resource on: CONNECTION WITH YOUR KIDS
- Amazon Bestselling Book: The Dad’s Edge – 9 Simple Ways to Have: Unlimited Patience, Improved Relationships, and Positive Lasting Memories
- Larry’s Course: The Dad’s Edge – 6 Strategies to Achieve: Unlimited Patience, Improved Relationships, and Positive Lasting Memories
- Larry’s Twitter Page
- Larry’s Facebook Page
- Larry’s Instagram Page
Create an Epic Life
join us in The Dad Edge Alliance
What did you think of the show?
What was your biggest take away?
Tag us when you share on social media!