What is the story you‘ve been telling yourself over and over again that keeps you from stepping into the best self you can possibly be?
Mark Crandall is a Transformational Life Coach, host of the Purpose Chasers Podcast, and the author of Embrace Your Past Win Your Future: The Difference Between Being A Victim and Playing One. He was not a dad at the recording of this episode, but he will likely be one when it airs.
Mark has tremendous insight as a son who was abandoned by his biological parents and a man who is about to step into his role as a father.
Mark tells us how to:
- detect and debunk self-limiting beliefs
- change the toxic story you have about yourself
- keep pushing through fear
- resist the temptation to fall back into a destructive mindset
- stop playing small and step into the role of the hero of your story
Get ready to win your future!
The men that you have around you, you will become.
“Mark’s is a story of uncommon adversity and triumph. At age three, Mark was taken from his biological mother by the Department of Youth and Families and placed in the foster care system. He lacked the tools and supports to manage both his grief and his new reality in society’s margins. From the pieces he conjured stories about his own worth. At around age 12 Mark began contemplating whether or not to just give up.
He began to engage in criminal activity, acting out his aggression at the expense of those closest to him and society at large. Mark began to self-medicate with substances; thus began his spiral into painful, chaotic addiction. Mark found himself in and out of youth detention centers and other correctional facilities. Though, even in his lowest moments, Mark recognized what others saw: There was greatness in even him.
In 2007, Mark found a spiritual program of action in which he began overcoming the many traumatic moments of his childhood. He also began the process of repairing the damage that he had caused others through his efforts to navigate life. Mark found freedom in an introspective process which informs his Transformational Life and Business Coaching and drug and alcohol Interventions. Mark is trained in some of the most powerful transformation practices available, all of which he uses in his work with others.”
What You’ll Learn
- Mark’s estimate that 95% of society operates from a victim mentality
- how society is coddling victims
- how Mark was able to abuse drugs during his entire stay in prison
- how Mark quit drugs and has stayed clean for 12 years
- his longing for his biological parents to this day
- the huge impact Mark’s adoptive father made in his life
- how to keep growing and moving forward when your demons rear their ugly heads
- why community is the key to staying on track
- how to notice when we’re resorting to outside sources to feel adequate
- why in reality, no one lacks motivation. They only lack belief in themselves to carry it out
- the real reason we don’t invest in ourselves
- how to strip everything you know about yourself and build a new story from scratch
- how to chose to not to play the victim
- why there are no such things as barriers, limitations, and judgements outside the ones you create in your own mind
- why the “I already know” attitude prevents your from learning
- why Mark as a dad wants to be constantly humbled so he can admit his faults and be a transparent, authentic dad
LEGAL SHIELD ID SHIELD OFFER
For Listeners of The Dad Edge
Get coverage for you and your entire family for only $18.95 a month! (regular price $24.95)
SIGN UP FOR YOUR ID PROTECTION PLAN
Like the show? Leave an iTunes review.
If you’re enjoying the show, we encourage you to leave an itunes review.
We read reviews on the show every week. The next one might be yours!
Thanks for the support.
The YNAB app. You Need a Budget
Get a FREE 2 Month Trial at YNAB.com/dads
Mark Crandall’s Links
We have new Dad Edge T-Shirts! Grab one HERE
Download a free chapter from: THE DAD’S EDGE on UNLIMITED PATIENCE HERE
Check out this free resource on: CONNECTION WITH YOUR SPOUSE
Download this free resource on: CONNECTION WITH YOUR KIDS
- Amazon Bestselling Book: The Dad’s Edge – 9 Simple Ways to Have: Unlimited Patience, Improved Relationships, and Positive Lasting Memories
- Larry’s New Course: The Dad’s Edge – 6 Strategies to Achieve: Unlimited Patience, Improved Relationships, and Positive Lasting Memories
- Larry’s Twitter Page
- Larry’s Facebook Page
- Larry’s Instagram Page
Hungry for more out of life?
Become one of over 330 men of The Dad Edge Alliance
What did you think of the show?
What was your biggest take away?
Tag us when you share on social media!