Sometimes, life throws us a curveball. We might be cruising along, meeting all our goals, right on track for the future. Our family is thriving. Life is good, then suddenly we are launched into chaos.
That is what happened to our guest today, Gene Villeneuve. Gene is a Canadian who moved with his wife and kids to work in Paris, France. They were living the dream until two years ago when his wife was diagnosed with breast cancer.
Gene was on The Dad Edge previously to talk about how to love a spouse with cancer. He did the best he could to be a good husband and dad as his wife went through grueling treatments and surgeries. But just when his wife was recovering from her last surgery, Gene found out that his status with his job in France had changed and he would have 6 weeks to move his family back to Canada.
Gene tells us about how coped with this huge upheaval in his life and four of his personal strategies to keep calm through the chaos.'I’ve learned that it’s not worth adding more drama into chaos. The more drama you add to an existing chaotic situation, the more drama you’ll beget.'—@genevilleneuve #dads #men #fathers #change #adversity Click To Tweet
What You’ll Learn
Keep Calm Through the Chaos
- Make a short list of things that need to be done, persevere, and check them off. Focus on the long-term objective.
- Believe in yourself. Know that whatever is going on around you, you can figure it out.
- Take care of yourself—relaxation, fitness, sleep, nutrition.
- Spend quality time with family in any little way you can.
Like the show? Leave an iTunes review.
If you’re enjoying the show, we encourage you to leave an itunes review.
We read reviews on the show every week. The next one might be yours!
Thanks for the support.
Connect with Gene
We have new Dad Edge T-Shirts! Grab one HERE
Download a free chapter from: THE DAD’S EDGE on UNLIMITED PATIENCE HERE
Check out this free resource on: CONNECTION WITH YOUR SPOUSE
Download this free resource on: CONNECTION WITH YOUR KIDS
- Amazon Bestselling Book: The Dad’s Edge – 9 Simple Ways to Have: Unlimited Patience, Improved Relationships, and Positive Lasting Memories
- Larry’s New Course: The Dad’s Edge – 6 Strategies to Achieve: Unlimited Patience, Improved Relationships, and Positive Lasting Memories
- Larry’s Twitter Page
- Larry’s Facebook Page
- Larry’s Instagram Page
Hungry for more out of life?
Become a member of The Dad Edge Alliance
What did you think of the show?
What was your biggest take away?
Tag us when you share on social media!