Our previous episode was called A Father’s Last words and it was something TDE has never done before. Brian Froneyberger bravely and generously gave of the perspective of a father who was dying of cancer. It was a true privilege to listen to his wisdom about what really matters to a person who knows their time is running out. Tragically, he passed away between the recording and release of the show and his funeral service was held the very day his episode came out.
Having this conversation with Brian forced things into perspective. We often get frustrated with our kids. We get irritable with our spouses. We stress about work. Most of us feel like we’re under a burden of obligations, but we have the choice to turn this around. Brian would give anything to be here having the problems we are facing right now.
It’s not what happens to us, it’s how we respond to it. We can be the calm in the middle of the storm if we don’t obsess over life’s trivial problems. When we’re feeling stressed, depressed, or hopeless, we must ask ourselves:
- Is worrying really worthy of our precious time?
- Wouldn’t it be better to focus our emotions on what really matters in life?
- Shouldn’t we be giving our energy to the things that we love instead of those we hate?
HELP BRIAN FRONEYBERGER’S FAMILY
LISTEN TO BRIAN’S EPISODE: A Father’s Last Words
Like the show? Leave an iTunes review.
If you’re enjoying the show, we encourage you to leave an itunes review.
We read reviews on the show every week. The next one might be yours!
Thanks for the support.
We have new Dad Edge T-Shirts! Grab one HERE
Download a free chapter from: THE DAD’S EDGE on UNLIMITED PATIENCE HERE
Check out this free resource on: CONNECTION WITH YOUR SPOUSE
Download this free resource on: CONNECTION WITH YOUR KIDS
- Amazon Bestselling Book: The Dad’s Edge – 9 Simple Ways to Have: Unlimited Patience, Improved Relationships, and Positive Lasting Memories
- Larry’s New Course: The Dad’s Edge – 6 Strategies to Achieve: Unlimited Patience, Improved Relationships, and Positive Lasting Memories
- Larry’s Twitter Page
- Larry’s Facebook Page
- Larry’s Instagram Page
Hungry for more out of life?
Become a member of The Dad Edge Alliance
What did you think of the show?
What was your biggest take away?
Tag us when you share on social media!