What do you constantly tell yourself you can’t do?
Do you look for all the reasons why you’re not capable of change?
How often do you let yourself off the hook by saying, “Well, that’s just the way I am?”
Today we have Gary John Bishop on the show to talk about his new book, Stop Doing That Sh*t: End Self-Sabotage and Demand Your Life Back. He’s going to tell us why we develop negative conclusions about ourselves and how we seek to validate these false beliefs even though they prevent us from living a full life. Gary reveals how we get caught up in destructive cycles and why positive thinking alone does not work. He also talks about how to deconstruct self-limiting beliefs and live in alignment with a vision that allows us to live passionately as we step into our future selves.
If you’ve listened to our previous shows with Gary John Bishop, you know that this interview will be full of no BS, in-your-face insights that will make you face some hard truths. Brace yourself!'If you’re a father and you haven't lost your shit with your kids at some point, you’re probably self-medicating too much.' @garyjohnbishop #fatherhood Click To Tweet
Gary John Bishop
Stop Doing That Sh*t: End Self-Sabotage and Demand Your Life Back
Why do you act the way you do? Do you ever feel like you get stuck in destructive cycles that hold you back from living the life you really want? In a dynamic, compelling and aha-filled journey, Stop Doing That Sh*t helps you connect the dots of your “stuff” all the way from your past to the present. You’ll make sense of yourself as you uncover how to interrupt those destructive cycles of yours and make the kind of profound shift needed to get your life on track.
If you can’t save money, if you keep ending up in the same types of toxic relationships, if you feel unloved, don’t fit in, not enough or any one of the myriad of ways that a human being trashes an otherwise good life, this is the book for you.
Written in the same irreverent, in-your-face style that resonated with the hundreds of thousand of fans who read Unfu*k Yourself,Stop Doing that Sh*t skillfully reveals our deepest subconscious machinery, with a real-world approach to powerfully translate our most negative thoughts and behaviors into a vitalizing, sabotage-free future. “Stop indulging yourself with fantasies and dramas and unresolved issues. Wake the hell up!” Bishop writes.
Look, you might have fu*ked up in the past, so what? Stop Doing That Sh*t reveals how you can break free of those deep-seated patterns to live the life you always knew you wanted but could never quite seem to have. As Bishop says, “The future has arrived. Now what the hell are you going to do about it?”
When you know what your values are, making decisions is easy.
What You’ll Learn
- The difference between a conclusion and a belief
- Why you can change beliefs, but not conclusions
- Why we try to validate negative conclusions and seek proof that they are true. E.g. if you try to find evidence that you’re not loved, you’ll find it.
- How labeling yourself limits you
- Why you need to tell yourself you’re full of sh*t
- How human beings are hardwired to get better, and how to leverage that to grow
- Why the future leaves us with a yawning gap in life—once we get there, we want to get to the next “there”
- How to have a future in mind that impacts you today
- Why aspiring to become something is better than setting a goal
- How to be inspired by what’s to come, allowing the future to fill the present
- How to create your own game and stop letting life happen to you
- How to deal with the major pitfalls life throws at you while staying true to your commitments
- How fathers can create a parenting vision
- How men mostly live their lives as some reflection of how they feel, influenced by circumstances, moods, and feelings
- How to operate on something other than your temporary emotional state
- How to use your vision to check in and make sure your behavior is in alignment with your future
- Why positive thinking doesn’t work
- How to pivot your thoughts and redirect your brain when you slip into a negative cycle
- Gary John Bishop’s amazing upcoming projects!
Like the show? Leave an iTunes review.
If you’re enjoying the show, we encourage you to leave an itunes review.
We read reviews on the show every week.
The next one might be yours!
Thanks for the support.
Gary John Bishop’s Links
We have new Dad Edge T-Shirts! Grab one HERE
Download a free chapter from: THE DAD’S EDGE on UNLIMITED PATIENCE HERE
Check out this free resource on: CONNECTION WITH YOUR SPOUSE
Download this free resource on: CONNECTION WITH YOUR KIDS
- Amazon Bestselling Book: The Dad’s Edge – 9 Simple Ways to Have: Unlimited Patience, Improved Relationships, and Positive Lasting Memories
- Larry’s New Course: The Dad’s Edge – 6 Strategies to Achieve: Unlimited Patience, Improved Relationships, and Positive Lasting Memories
- Larry’s Twitter Page
- Larry’s Facebook Page
- Larry’s Instagram Page
Hungry for more out of life?
Become one of the 350 men of The Dad Edge Alliance
What did you think of the show?
What was your biggest take away?
Tag us when you share on social media!