Personal finance is one of the most popular topics on this show, and in many of our previous episodes we’ve learned about the need to to diversify our income. Today we have side-hustle entrepreneur Matt Miller on the show. He has been a guest on the biggest podcasts out there, such as Pat Flynn (The Smart Passive Income Blog), John Lee Dumas (Entrepreneurs on Fire), and Jamie Masters Tardy (Eventual Millionaire).
Matt Miller is a husband and father of three who spent the majority of his life working for a W-2 job. Like most of us, any kind of work/life balance eluded Matt. He didn’t have much time with his family or as much income as he liked, so he decided to develop a side hustle by embarking on a business that is often overlooked – vending machines. He now lives life on his own terms and helps others do the same.I define success as having control over time and money. - Matt Miller @ssvbusiness #passiveincome #money #finance Click To Tweet
Matt Miller spent the first nine years of his career as an Air Force pilot before entering the corporate world. While a top performer for both companies, his long-term desire was to start a business and be his own boss.
A good friend one day mentioned the gumball machines he and his young daughters owned, and that conversation began a ten-year business quest that resulted in the creation and subsequent growth of School Spirit Vending.
Over the years, Matt’s diligent effort and entrepreneurial expertise has brought School Spirit Vending to the cutting edge of both the vending and school fundraising industries by combining these two ventures into one. At the same time, he has created an impressive stream of passive income that gives him the freedom, money, and time he always wanted.
Matt is devoted to sharing his expertise with others. Through many different venues, including podcasts and public speaking, Matt seeks to enable other entrepreneurs to chase their dreams as well.Whatever is important to you, you will make time for. - Matt Miller @ssvbusiness #dads #fathers #men #goals Click To Tweet
What You’ll Learn
- How the corporate world was like the military
- How Matt’s career as a top-performing ad executive still left him without enough income
- How he his financial situation was so bad that he had to deliver pizza after work
- How he got out of the having to “trade time for money” mindset
- How and why he quit his job as an ad executive even though he was at the top of his career
- How Matt survived a heart attack at age 50
- How he made time to develop his side hustle
- How he included his kids in his new business
- His game-changing secret to a happy marriage
- Why his vending story is different
- Why the vending business is overlooked
- How he earns income while raising funds for the school
- How Aaron Walker helped Matt take his business to the next level
- How to start a new business without having to quit your job
- How much revenue can be earned from vending machines
- How to get into the vending machine franchise
MENTIONED EPISODES: Working to Live, Not Living to Work with Aaron Walker
We appreciate all the support!
If you’re enjoying the show, we encourage you to leave an itunes review.
Connect with Matt Miller
We have new Dad Edge T-Shirts! Grab one HERE
Download a free chapter from: THE DAD’S EDGE on UNLIMITED PATIENCE HERE
Check out this free resource on: CONNECTION WITH YOUR SPOUSE
Download this free resource on: CONNECTION WITH YOUR KIDS
- Amazon Bestselling Book: The Dad’s Edge – 9 Simple Ways to Have: Unlimited Patience, Improved Relationships, and Positive Lasting Memories
- Larry’s New Course: The Dad’s Edge – 6 Strategies to Achieve: Unlimited Patience, Improved Relationships, and Positive Lasting Memories
- Larry’s Twitter Page
- Larry’s Facebook Page
- Larry’s Instagram Page
Are you ready to create an epic life