As our kids get into their teens, they tend to isolate and become more independent. Their thoughts and feelings grow more complex. Asking them about their day at school is not enough to get them to open up about what’s going on inside their heads, and they are not going to volunteer information. How can we better connect with our teenagers?
This is a crucial time for our kids, and the quality of our relationships depends on the quality of the questions we ask. If we want our teenagers to feel free to communicate with us, we have to be proactive about getting to know the person they’re becoming.
In this short episode, we list ten questions to a deeper connection with your teen.
10 Questions to Deeper Connection with Your Teen
1. Would you rather receive 1 million dollars in one month or one cent doubled every day for 30 days?
2. Would you rather be a boss or an employee?
3. If you could have one superpower, what would it be?
4. Describe yourself in five words or less.
5. If you could give every person in the world a gift, what would it be?
6. If you were president and had to choose three people to assist you, who would you pick and why?
7. If you could set one rule for our family to follow, what would it be?
8. Where would you live if you could live anywhere in the world?
9. When do you think a teen becomes and adult?
10. What lesson have you learned in life do you feel has been the most useful?
Like the show? Leave an iTunes review.
If you’re enjoying the show, we encourage you to leave an itunes review.
We read reviews on the show every week. The next one might be yours!
Thanks for the support.
We have Dad Edge T-Shirts! Grab one HERE
Download a free chapter from THE DAD’S EDGE book on UNLIMITED PATIENCE HERE
Check out this free resource on: CONNECTION WITH YOUR SPOUSE
Download this free resource on: CONNECTION WITH YOUR KIDS
- Amazon Bestselling Book: The Dad’s Edge – 9 Simple Ways to Have: Unlimited Patience, Improved Relationships, and Positive Lasting Memories
- Larry’s Twitter Page
- Larry’s Facebook Page
- Larry’s Instagram Page
Hungry for more out of life?
Become a member of The Dad Edge Alliance
What did you think of the show?
What was your biggest take away?
Tag us when you share on social media!