Having resilient kids is something all parents want. We want our kids to be confident, make smart decisions, and have the ability to triumph over challenges in life. What we often forget is that in order to raise resilient kids, we have to be resilient ourselves.
Chris and Holly Santillo joined us for a live Q&A in our Dad Edge Alliance Mastermind. They are the authors of Resilience Parenting: Raising Resilient Children in an Era of Detachment and Dependence. They are also karate instructors with a combined thirty-five years of experience educating children in their dojos and are raising three boys of their own.
Chris and Holly answer real questions from everyday dads about kids when it comes to failure, respect, and communication. They also share the Three Pillars of Resilience Parenting that will build a strong mental and emotional foundation for parents as well as their children.
Some Topics Covered
- What to do when your kid gets discouraged when trying something new
- Why you and your kid should learn a new skill together so you can be a beginner at it with them
- What parents can do to grow more resilient along with their children
- How to earn the trust and respect of your teenagers
- Why you should develop a family credo
- The Santillo’s quest to “worldschool” their children
Like the show? Leave an iTunes review.
If you’re enjoying the show, we encourage you to leave an itunes review.
We read reviews on the show every week. The next one might be yours!
Thanks for the support.
Chris and Holly Santillo’s links
We have Dad Edge T-Shirts! Grab one HERE
Download a free chapter from: THE DAD’S EDGE on UNLIMITED PATIENCE HERE
Check out this free resource on: CONNECTION WITH YOUR SPOUSE
Download this free resource on: CONNECTION WITH YOUR KIDS
- Amazon Bestselling Book: The Dad’s Edge – 9 Simple Ways to Have: Unlimited Patience, Improved Relationships, and Positive Lasting Memories
- Larry’s Twitter Page
- Larry’s Facebook Page
- Larry’s Instagram Page
Hungry for more out of life?
Become a member of The Dad Edge Alliance
What did you think of the show?
What was your biggest take away?
Tag us when you share on social media!