How come we’re not happy when we get what we want? So many of us believe that if we just made more money, if we got that promotion we wanted, or if we lost that last ten pounds we’d be happy. Then sometimes we finally achieve our goals and realize we’re still unfulfilled. This is because we bring ‘us.’ We always have ourselves and our limited beliefs.
Today we have a live Dad Edge Alliance Q&A session with Gary John Bishop. His book How to Unf*ck Yourself just made the NY Times bestseller list. He has been on our show twice before and was a speaker at our Dad Edge Summit.
This episode is in-your-face and explicit. Some of it you may not like hearing, but Gary John Bishop will tell you (in his Shrek-like Scottish accent) how to come to terms with your own bullsh*t so that you can be relentless in executing your goals while also finding the joy in where you are, here and now.'It’s not about getting there, it’s about loving working it out.' – @GaryJohnBishop #personalgrowth #selfdevelopment #motivation #lifelessons #wisdom Click To Tweet 'If you don’t find yourself on the doorstep of your own bullsh*t, you’re doing it wrong.' – @GaryJohnBishop #selfdiscovery #personalgrowth #men #manhood Click To Tweet
What You’ll Learn
- His counterintuitive approach to being a human being
- Why your thoughts are a crappy guide
- The sanctity of your word: why what you say is so important
- How your success in life is exclusively tied to you keeping your promises to yourself
- How to speak, be, and act to become a force of nature
- What it means when you have crazy people in your life
- Why a lot of personal growth doesn’t work
- Why transformation is not possible until you come to terms with your own bullshit (not your wife, your job, or your life).
- Why you need to be the center of your universe
- What a mid-life crisis really is midlife
- Why you should question everything you calmly accept
- How labeling things perpetuates the battle
- The fallacy of common sense
- How to manage your family when you are growing and evolving as a person
- How to create framework for your kids to question everything and find themselves
- Why you have to find the joy in your life in where you are instead of where you’re going
- How to give yourself a break when you screw up
Thanks for making us the #1 Dad podcast on iTunes!
Like the show? Leave an iTunes review.
If you’re enjoying the show, we encourage you to leave an itunes review.
We read reviews on the show every week. The next one might be yours!
Gary John Bishop’s links
We have new Dad Edge T-Shirts! Grab one HERE
Download a free chapter from: THE DAD’S EDGE on UNLIMITED PATIENCE HERE
Check out this free resource on: CONNECTION WITH YOUR SPOUSE
Download this free resource on: CONNECTION WITH YOUR KIDS
- Amazon Bestselling Book: The Dad’s Edge – 9 Simple Ways to Have: Unlimited Patience, Improved Relationships, and Positive Lasting Memories
- Larry’s New Course: The Dad’s Edge – 6 Strategies to Achieve: Unlimited Patience, Improved Relationships, and Positive Lasting Memories
- Larry’s Twitter Page
- Larry’s Facebook Page
- Larry’s Instagram Page
Are you ready to create an epic life