Have you noticed that it’s almost impossible for you to have fun anymore? Do you feel guilty unless you make every minute of your day productive? Do you feel stressed, depressed, and isolated? This show will help you break free from anxiety and enjoy life again.
Today we have Charlie Hoehn on the podcast. He is a TEDx speaker and the author of Play It Away: A Workaholic’s Cure for Anxiety. We talk about his frightening experience with severe anxiety and how he found the ridiculously simple, drug-free cure to our modern day stress.Don't take life too seriously. You'll never get out alive. #stress #anxiety #workaholics Click To Tweet
Charlie Hoehn is the author of Play It Away, Play for a Living, and Recession-Proof Graduate. Over the last ten years, Charlie has advised more than 100 authors on their book launches, including Ramit Sethi, Tucker Max, Gary Vaynerchuk, Eric Ries, and Charles Duhigg. He worked with Tim Ferriss for three years as his Director of Special Projects, which included the launch of #1 New York Times bestselling book, The 4-Hour Body.
Charlie has presented at the Pentagon, U.S. military bases, Stanford, and four TEDx events. His work has been featured on NPR, Harvard Business Review, Forbes, Fast Company, and many others.
Charlie just got married last year and is now a brand new dad!Treat life like a playground instead of a prison. @charliehoehn #stress #anxiety #worklifebalance Click To Tweet
What You’ll Learn
- How Charlie couldn’t get a job after graduation and decided to work for free for people he admired
- How his work for Tim Ferriss
- How after being given the responsibility to plan a huge event, he ordered the “smart drug” Modafanil to cope with the workload
- How he slept only 6 hours during the 4-day event
- How his body suffered from the lack of sleep and stress
- How his workaholic mindset and lifestyle let to debilitating anxiety, dread, and panic attacks.
- How he tried every cure for anxiety known in the world (Meditation, Yoga, Deep breathing, Exercise, Therapy, CBT, Spiritual healers, Journaling, Super clean diets, Supplements, Fasting, Prayer, Volunteering, even Psychedelics) and nothing worked
- How he felt dead inside and didn’t know how to fix it
- How he got the idea to try adding more play into his life
- How mental illness increases as play declines
- How doing improv helps Charlie to relax and have fun
- His marriage meetings with his wife
- How running around and playing sports can be more effective than medication
- How video games can be good for your wellbeing
- Why playing is necessary for your kids to develop skills and feel connected to others
- How playing as a child contributes to life as a happy, healthy adult
We appreciate all the support!
If you’re enjoying the show, we encourage you to leave an itunes review.
Connect with Charlie Hoehn
We have new Dad Edge T-Shirts! Grab one HERE
Download a free chapter from: THE DAD’S EDGE on UNLIMITED PATIENCE HERE
Check out this free resource on: CONNECTION WITH YOUR SPOUSE
Download this free resource on: CONNECTION WITH YOUR KIDS
- Amazon Bestselling Book: The Dad’s Edge – 9 Simple Ways to Have: Unlimited Patience, Improved Relationships, and Positive Lasting Memories
- Larry’s New Course: The Dad’s Edge – 6 Strategies to Achieve: Unlimited Patience, Improved Relationships, and Positive Lasting Memories
- Larry’s Twitter Page
- Larry’s Facebook Page
- Larry’s Instagram Page
Are you ready to create an epic life