Money, money, money, money. Today, we’re talking money. Episodes on finances are always popular on The Dad Edge podcast so we know you’ll want to hear today’s guest.
Brad Barrett is the cohost of wildly popular podcast ChooseFI (Financial Independence). ChooseFI is a little over a year old and already has millions of downloads. The show has started a financial independence movement that is taking root and spreading across the globe.
The best part is that Brad Barrett is not going to bog us down with numbers and complicated strategies. Instead he gives us super simple, actionable tips that we can use today. He shares hacks on how to save more money, how to shield ourselves from taxes, and gives us specific funds to invest in to avoid the fees on our retirement that compound to massive amounts in the future.
Get off the couch and claim your financial independence!Lose that hopelessness and take control of your life with Brad Barrett @choosefi #finance #finances #dads #men #fathers #stocks Click To TweetFinancial Independence: ‘It’s about finding what lights you up and life.’ – Brad Barrett @choosefi #men #finance #money #financialindependence #family Click To Tweet
What You’ll Learn
- How Brad and his wife planned their financial independence
- How to step off the hamster wheel of money
- How people are so overwhelmed by debt, they don’t even try to it pay off
- What shift in mentality is necessary to achieve financial independence
- Common family finance flaws: not having a goal, not being a team, spending to mask insecurities
- Why it’s not so much the amount of money you make, but how you control your expenses
- How to spend mindfully
- Breaking up financial goals into smaller 15-20 year projects
- The Financial Independence Equation – How much money will you need to reach financial independence?
- How mutual funds can suck up a quarter of your retirement savings and how hiring a financial advisor to manage them can cost you half your money
- The beauty of index funds
- How to pay the least amount of tax possible
- How to max out pre-tax buckets
- Why the HSA (Health Savings Account) is a magic account
- The ETFs and Index Funds you should be putting your money into now
YNAB. You Need a Budget
Get a FREE 34 Day Trial at YNAB.com/dads
We appreciate all the support!
If you’re enjoying the show, we encourage you to leave an itunes review.
We read a review on the show each week. The next one could be yours!
Brad Barrett’s Links
We have Dad Edge T-Shirts! Grab one HERE
Download a free chapter from: THE DAD’S EDGE on UNLIMITED PATIENCE HERE
Check out this free resource on: CONNECTION WITH YOUR SPOUSE
Download this free resource on: CONNECTION WITH YOUR KIDS
- Amazon Bestselling Book: The Dad’s Edge – 9 Simple Ways to Have: Unlimited Patience, Improved Relationships, and Positive Lasting Memories
- Larry’s Course: The Dad’s Edge – 6 Strategies to Achieve: Unlimited Patience, Improved Relationships, and Positive Lasting Memories
- Larry’s Twitter Page
- Larry’s Facebook Page
- Larry’s Instagram Page
Create an Epic Life
join The Dad Edge Alliance
Tag us when you share on social media!