Financial freedom is something we all dream of. Imagine being able to live life on our terms and have enough money to do all the things we want to do. What if we could teach our kids how to set themselves up to be millionaires too? Financial freedom is possible for parents and their kids with a new mindset for money and consistent, small steps in the right direction.
Grant Sabatier is back on the Dad Edge Podcast. He became a millionaire when he was thirty-five and is the creator of the hugely popular Millennial Money blog and the author of bestselling book Financial Freedom: A Proven Path to All the Money You Will Ever Need. Grant was also a speaker at our Dad Edge Summit 2019.
Today, Grant talks about how times have changed and how our perspectives on money, saving, and investing should change too. He also tells us how we can teach our kids to master their money from a young age so they can get a head start on making their wildest dreams come true!
“We live in a time where it’s never been easier to live a life you love.”—Grant Sabatier
Grant Sabatier is the Author of Financial Freedom (Penguin Random House) and Creator of Millennial Money, which has reached over 10 million readers.
Dubbed “The Millennial Millionaire” by CNBC, Grant Sabatier went from $2.26 to $1 million in 5 years through entrepreneurship, side hustling and investing. After reaching financial independence at the age of 30, Grant Founded MillennialMoney.com, where he writes about making and investing money and co-hosts the Financial Freedom podcast.
Grant has been featured in over 200 international media outlets including The New York Times, The Washington Post, National Public Radio, Money Magazine, ABC Nightline, Chicago Tribune, USA Today, Inc. Magazine, Forbes, The Sydney Morning Herald, and many others.
In 2010, 24-year old Grant Sabatier woke up to find he had $2.26 in his bank account. Five years later, he had a net worth of over $1.25 million, and CNBC began calling him “the Millennial Millionaire.” By age 30, he had reached financial independence. Along the way he uncovered that most of the accepted wisdom about money, work, and retirement is either incorrect, incomplete, or so old-school it’s obsolete.
Financial Freedom is a step-by-step path to make more money in less time, so you have more time for the things you love. It challenges the accepted narrative of spending decades working a traditional 9 to 5 job, pinching pennies, and finally earning the right to retirement at age 65, and instead offers readers an alternative: forget everything you’ve ever learned about money so that you can actually live the life you want.
What You’ll Learn
- 80% of people are disengaged with their jobs
- Using your suffering as a launch point for change
- Money means nothing if you can’t enjoy it
- Taking time to explore your relationship with money
- Becoming familiar with money until it stops making you uncomfortable
- Why you should sit with your debt, literally
- Shifting to a constructive money mindset
- Getting quick wins to help motivate you
- How to talk with your partner about money
- Why it’s healthy for couples to have their own separate, private money to spend or save as they please
- How much money do you really need to live the life you want?
- Why you must keep in mind that money won’t solve all the problems you have
- A simple saving hack that allows you to ditch the detailed budget
- Why you should stop looking far into your financial future
- Investing in who you’re yet to become
- Being open with your kids about your financial situation
- How to get kids excited about mastering money by reverse-mapping their wildest dreams
- Nurturing your kids’ curiosity, adaptability, and instinct for risk-taking
All the Money You Will Ever Need with Grant Sabatier
Optimizing Your Personal Relationship with Money — Exclusive Dad Edge Alliance Q&A with Grant Sabatier
Grant Sabatier’s Links
Get a FREE Trial at YNAB.com/dads
Leave an iTunes review.
Get a FREE book!
If you’re enjoying the show, leave us an itunes review. If your review is chosen as the iTunes Review-of-the Week, we’ll send you the free book of your choice!
What to do: send an email to email@example.com notifying us about your review, your mailing address, and your choice of a guest book from our Books Page!
Thanks for the support!
CLICK HERE TO LEAVE YOUR REVIEW.
Fill out an application for The Dad Edge Alliance
==>NEW!!<== Grab a copy of The Dad’s Edge AUDIOBOOK on iTunes or Audible
GRAB A COPY OF THE DAD’S EDGE HERE
Join our Dad Edge Group on Facebook Request Entry Here
We have new Dad Edge T-Shirts! Grab one HERE
Download a free chapter from: THE DAD’S EDGE on UNLIMITED PATIENCE HERE
Check out this free resource on: CONNECTION WITH YOUR SPOUSE
Download this free resource on: CONNECTION WITH YOUR KIDS
Hungry for more out of life?
Become one of the 350 men of The Dad Edge Alliance
What did you think of the show?
What was your biggest take away?
Tag us when you share on social media!