You might think that only accountants or finance geniuses can figure out how to retire early, but this is not true. Our guest today retired at the age of 41! Chris Mamula was a physical therapist who wasn’t excited when he thought about the future. He decided to educate himself on how to reach financial independence and he couldn’t believe how easy it was.
Chris is a husband and dad who now enjoys an adventurous lifestyle on his own terms. He blogs at Can I Retire Yet, is part of the Choose FI movement, and is also the primary author of the book Choose FI: Your Blueprint to Financial Independence.
Today he shares his super simple financial independence tactics to help you put your wealth-building on autopilot.
What You’ll Learn
- Don’t always blindly trust a financial advisor.
- The million-dollar mistake Chris made when he first began financial planning
- Super Simple Financial Independence
- Spend less.
- Earn more.
- Invest better.
- Cut on the biggest expenses—housing, cars, and food.
- Where can you cut on taxes?
- How can you eliminate investment fees?
- Travel hacks so that you can vacation without depleting your savings or going into debt
- How to live better while spending less
- Lining up spending with your values
- Moving to an area with lower cost of living
- Chris puts 50% of his income into savings.
- Financial self-assessment—track your spending for a month and be honest about where your money is going. Is it going toward the life you want?
- Knowing your emotional tolerance to stock market fluctuations
- Investing in real estate for financial independence
- Creating your own business
- How to get kids interested in finance
- Personal finance doesn’t have to be overwhelming. Learn how to tackle it one simple step at a time.
Leave an iTunes review.
Get a FREE book!
If you’re enjoying the show, leave us an itunes review. If your review is chosen as the iTunes Review-of-the Week, we’ll send you the free book of your choice!
Thanks for the support!
YNAB. You Need a Budget
Get your FREE Trial at YNAB.com/dads
Chris Mamula’s Links
Join our Dad Edge Group on Facebook
We have Dad Edge T-Shirts! Grab one HERE
FREE chapter from THE DAD’S EDGE on UNLIMITED PATIENCE
FREE EBOOK: CONNECTION WITH YOUR SPOUSE
FREE EBOOK: CONNECTION WITH YOUR KIDS
Follow The Dad Edge
Don’t settle for a mediocre life.
Join over 420 men becoming their best selves
in The Dad Edge Alliance.
What did you think of the show?
What was your biggest take away?
Tag us when you share on social media!