In this modern age, we are bombarded with information and distractions. Our brain is not prepared to handle the constant interruptions from our computers and mobile devices. Do you feel overwhelmed and distracted? Are you agitated and anxious? Then you will get a ton of value from our guest today.
Jim Kwik is the founder of Kwik Learning and is a specialist in speed reading, memory improvement, brain performance, and accelerated learning. He is an advisor to many of the worlds’ CEOs, entrepreneurs, and celebrities. He is also the host of Kwik Brain podcast, the #1 training show on iTunes, and is the creator of online courses that are used around the world.
Jim Kwik tells us his story from being learning-challenged due to a brain injury to being one of the most sought after learning coaches in the world. He also shares with us how to avoid mental exhaustion and his 10-step morning routine to create optimum brain power!
Jim Kwik suffered and accident that left him with brain damage at age five. He couldn’t focus in school and didn’t understand what was being taught. Teachers had to repeat themselves over and over again until he was so ashamed he had to pretend he was learning. He remembers very clearly overhearing his teacher say to another adult, “that’s the boy with the broken brain.”
But Jim didn’t give up.He had difficulty learning to read, but he was inspired by comic books and the concept that one person could make a difference. Like the super heroes in his favorite stories, he was determined to triumph over his adversity. He devoted himself to solving the riddle of how his brain worked and used his experiences to create strategies to dramatically enhance his mental performance.
He has since dedicated his life to helping others unleash their true genius and brainpower to learn anything faster and live a life of greater power, productivity, and purpose.
What You’ll Learn
- What Jim Kwik does for his high-profile clients like the cast of X-men.
- Why distraction is not your fault.
- What is digital overload?
- What he does to help people have their best and brightest brain.
- Why your brain is your best wealth-building asset.
- How our mobile devices train us to be stupid
- Why you should make your bed every morning
- When Stan Lee told Jim who his favorite super hero was
- Why feedback is the breakfast of superheroes
- The other intelligences that exist besides reading and math, etc.
- Why dads should teach kids by example NOT to take the easiest route
- Why mistakes are wonderful
- How to mold your kid’s self-talk
- Why novelty and nutrition are essential to your brain
- Why you should make a “NOT to do” list
- How your habits create you
- How being kind to yourself helps you reinforce good behaviors
We appreciate all the support!
If you’re enjoying the show, we encourage you to leave an itunes review.
Note: We are changing the name of the podcast in a couple weeks to the Dad Edge Podcast. There will be no change in the content or the website, just the new show name and logo!
Connect with Jim Kwik
==>NEW!!<== Grab a copy of The Dad’s Edge AUDIOBOOK on iTunes or Audible
GRAB A COPY OF THE DAD’S EDGE HERE
Join our Dad Edge Group on Facebook Request Entry Here
We have new Dad Edge T-Shirts! Grab one HERE
Download a free chapter from: THE DAD’S EDGE on UNLIMITED PATIENCE HERE
Check out this free resource on: CONNECTION WITH YOUR SPOUSE
Download this free resource on: CONNECTION WITH YOUR KIDS
Are you ready to create an epic life