Without challenges, we cannot grow. One of our biggest challenges as fathers is to make sure we don’t neglect our health. But learning how to take care of our bodies is the foundation that sets us up for success in all other areas of our lives.
Marc Hildebrand is a husband, father, and LAPD sergeant. He is the creator of First Responder Fitness and provides mindset, fitness, and nutrition solutions for those in the unpredictable career of being a first responder. After losing 100 pounds, he tells us from firsthand experience how to balance work, family, and fitness.
He talks about how outer success is a reflection of our inner growth, and that is why mindset-driven fitness is the only way to get lasting results on your health goals for this year and the rest of your life.
What You’ll Learn
- Most dads feel like they have to choose between work, family, and fitness, but they can have it all.
- The right questions bring the right answers. Ask yourself a solutions-based questions. “How might I make it possible to do what I need to do?”
- How Marc lost 100 pounds
- Lasting fitness is more about mindset than tactics.
- The people you surround yourself with lift you up.
- Your outer success is a reflection of your inner growth.
- You can’t be a good role model if you’re not taking care of yourself.
- Cop tactics for parenting—Slow down your speech and lower your voice to calm kids. Ask yourself, “How can I be most effective right now?”
- You being under control will ripple to those around you.
- The simplest things men can do to get tiny wins
- Thank about what you put into your brain.
- Start the morning with content that will put you into the right mindset.
- Pick up a book or subscribe to a podcast that inspires you.
- How to bring your family into your health and fitness lifestyle
- Don’t push your wife and kids to join you, but model it for them.
- Show your kids that you are constantly working. Dad is always willing to learn.
- The 80/20 rule—20% of your actions produce 80% of your results.
- What tasks are not bringing your results? Eliminate them.
- Go all in on the 20% activities
Leave an iTunes review.
Get a FREE book!
If you’re enjoying the show, leave us an itunes review. If your review is chosen as the iTunes Review-of-the Week, we’ll send you the free book of your choice!
Thanks for the support!
Marc Hildebrand’s Links
Join our Dad Edge Group on Facebook
We have Dad Edge T-Shirts! Grab one HERE
FREE chapter from THE DAD’S EDGE on UNLIMITED PATIENCE
FREE EBOOK: CONNECTION WITH YOUR SPOUSE
FREE EBOOK: CONNECTION WITH YOUR KIDS
Follow The Dad Edge
Join over 457 men becoming their best selves
in The Dad Edge Alliance.
What did you think of the show?
What was your biggest take away?
Tag us when you share on social media!